CNNCTD+ Gumball Machine Raffle OFFICIAL RULES
$0.25 purchase of one (1) gumball machine button-pin is required.
1. Eligibility: CNNCTD+ Gumball Machine Raffle (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and able to pick-up any prizing within New York City limits between March 4-12. Employees of CNNCTD+ Group, LLC (“Main Sponsor” and "Administrator"), VFILES, WeSC, Free Arts NYC, SCOPE Art Fair, Google, and their parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Main Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion consists of a sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”).
2. Timing: The Promotion begins on March 4, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on March 10, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). Each day during the Promotion Period acts as it's own entry period, with winners being randomly chosen daily and announced the following day. All entries received from 12:00am until 11:59pm on any given day during the Promotional Period will be grouped and a random drawing from those entries will be made to determine winners. (i.e. For all entries posted on Tuesday, March 5, the winner(s) will be notified on Wednesday, March 6 via comment on the Instagram photo or @reply on Twitter.) Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
3. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit the official CNNCTD+ Gumball machine on the 'inoteca wall on Ludlow, next-door to 98 Rivington Street, New York, NY 10002 (Rivington and Ludlow Street, Lower East Side). Entrants must purchase one (1) button-pin from the machine for $0.25 (twenty five cents) and follow the instructions contained within the button-pin's plastic capsule. In order to be eligible to win, entrants who receive a CNNCTD+, VFILES, or WeSC button-pin must then post a photo of the pin or a photo of the wall on Instagram or Twitter and in the same post tag @CNNCTD_NYC and the appropriate co-sponsor brand as dictated in the button-pin's capsule. The Instagram or Twitter account for use must be "Public" and can not be "Private," otherwise the entry is not valid and the entrant can not be contacted. After posting the photo, the entrant may or may not be contacted via the @CNNCTD_NYC Instagram or Twitter account via comment on the entry photo (Instagram) or "@reply" (Twitter). A comment or action on the entry photo does not deem the entry a winning entry. Winners will be contacted and specifically instructed if their photo is one of the randomly selected winning entries. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Administrator is responsible for the functionality of the Gumball Machine Raffle.
Limit: Each participant is eligible to make up to two (2) Sweepstakes entries per day during the Promotion Period for a total of eighteen (14) entries. Each entry requires purchase of a 25 cent ($0.25) button-pin, and previous entries can not be submitted more than once. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same button-pin and only one prize may be awarded or redeemed by a single winner during the Promotional Period. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of buttons/entries by using multiple/different accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's buttons/entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Main Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the Instagram or Twitter account first used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address or account by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted account. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder and physical proof of button-pin ownership, including the printed instructions contained within the plastic capsule upon being dispensed. Winners may only win once during the entire Promotional Period and can not win more than one prize.
4. Sweepstakes Drawing: Administrator's decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sweepstakes: Administrator will randomly select a total of seven (7) potential SCOPE Ticket Winners, seven (7) potential WeSC Headphone Winners, and seven (7) potential CNNCTD+ Winners from all valid entries posted between March 4-10, 2013. At least one (1) potential SCOPE Ticket Winner, one (1) potential WeSC Headphone Winner, and one (1) potential CNNCTD+ Winner will be randomly selected per day and announced and contacted the following day until all twenty seven (21) potential winners have been randomly selected and notified. Entries submitted on any given day during the Promotional Period will be eligible to win during that day's drawing only and will be notified the following day after entry. Entries are only valid for that day's drawing; a new button must be purchased and new photo posted in order to be entered for a chance to win on each of the seven (7) entry days. Administrator will randomly select all winning entries during the Promotion Period by way of random computer-generated selection.
5. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. ADMINISTRATOR WILL NOT ACCEPT ENTRIES WITH DUPLICATES OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE PROMOTION PERIOD A DEFECTIVE PLAY AND IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
6. Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential winner will be notified by Instagram or Twitter and must then provide their email address in order to redeem their prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted or fails to respond via comment with their email address, such potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Administrator reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining entries. Prizes must be redeemed within seven (7) days of being notified and no prizes will be redeemed after March 18, 2013.
7. Prizes: (A) SCOPE Prize: SEVEN (7) Winners: One (1) complimentary entry to Scope Art Fair New York valued at under $50.00 USD valid from the day of receipt through the end of the fair on March 10, 2013. (B) WeSC Prize: SEVEN (7) Winners: One (1) complimentary set of WeSC headphones valued at under $200.00 USD. © CNNCTD+ Prize: SEVEN (7) Winners: One (1) CNNCTD+ t-shirt valued at under $30.00 USD - size TBD. (D) Additional VFILES In-store Incentives: "Swag Bag" valued at under $200.00 and 15% off any in-store purchase at the VFILES SHOP at 12 Mercer Street, New York City. (E) Additional WeSC In-store Incentive: 15% off any in-store purchase at 282 Lafayette Street, New York City.
Approximate Retail Value of all prizing is (“ARV”): $3,000.00. Actual value may vary based on the number of winning participants and final value of prize (B). Winner will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail value. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes depends upon the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
Winners must be within New York City limits between March 4-18 to participate and redeem all prizes. Winners must visit the WeSC Store (282 Lafayette Street, NYC) in order to redeem prize (B) and (E) and winners must sign-up for a VFILES.com account and visit the VFILES SHOP (12 Mercer Street, NYC) in order to be eligible to redeem prize (D).
For All Prizes: No cash equivalent and all prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Administrator’s sole discretion. Administrator reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES IN THE SWEEPSTAKES: $3,000.00
8. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless CNNCTD+ Group, L.L.C., VFILES, WeSC, Free Arts NYC, SCOPE Art Fair, Google, and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, suppliers, distributors, and advertising/promotion agencies, as well as each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt, use, or misuse of any prize or entry mechanism.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Administrator's and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Administrator reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Administrator’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion. In such event, Administrator reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Administrator reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections of the gumball machine raffle mechanism or in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes play, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Administrator, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Administrator reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Administrator in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
13. Winners’ List: To receive a list of the winners, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: CNNCTD+ Gumball Machine Raffle – Winners’ List, Attn: Marketing, CNNCTD+, 50 Eldridge Street, New York, NY 10002, within sixty (60) days of expiration of the Sweepstakes Period. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to CNNCTD+ Gumball Machine Raffle – Winners’ List, Attn: Marketing, CNNCTD+, 50 Eldridge Street, New York, NY 10002, prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
Main Sponsor and Administrator: CNNCTD+ Group, L.L.C., 50 Eldridge Street, New York, NY 10002